2020: Atlantic Canada's Coastal Wonders (8820)
8 days from Halifax to Halifax
Discover the heart of Canada's Atlantic seacoast on this wonderful vacation featuring Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. This tour begins and ends in Halifax, overnights also in Charlottetown and Baddeck, and includes scenic drives, beautiful national parks, and quaint fishing villages. Highlights of this Atlantic Canada tour include a visit to Peggy's Cove, a charming fishing village with a picturesque lighthouse (one of the world's most photographed places), and Lunenburg, a small port town where you'll visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn about the world's highest and wildest tides at Hopewell Rocks, where time and tides up to 52 feet have created distinctive sandstone formations topped with trees. More scenic beauty awaits you in Prince Edward Island National Park, famous for its wind-sculpted dunes and sandy, picturesque beaches. On Cape Breton Island, have your camera ready as you embark on the Cabot Trail, one of the world's most scenic drives, and visit Cape Breton Highlands National Park, resembling the Scottish coastal regions. Enjoy panoramic views of rugged cliffs, deep valleys, forested slopes, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Gulf of St. Lawrence.In addition to stunning scenery, this Atlantic Canada tour also includes visits to an Acadian maple shop to learn about the history and production of pure Nova Scotia maple syrup; the Anne of Green Gables Farmhouse, a National Historic site; and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. With gorgeous scenery and picturesque villages, this value-minded tour through Atlantic Canada will delight all of your senses!
Call (813) 922-6993 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885731
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Halifax||Welcome to Canada's Maritimes region. Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Halifax||This morning, visit one of the most picturesque spots in all of Canada-beautiful Peggy's Cove. Its historic lighthouse overlooking the Atlantic Ocean provides one of the most memorable views you will ever see. Enjoy a visit to the ACADIAN MAPLE shop and learn about the history and production methods of making pure Nova Scotia maple syrup. Afterward, journey to the fishing village of Lunenburg, and visit the FISHERIES MUSEUM OF THE ATLANTIC, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Experience Atlantic Canada's seafaring heritage on your guided tour of the museum. Don't miss the magnificent aquarium filled with local species. Afterward, free time to explore the quaint Main Street before returning to Halifax. Complete your day with a sightseeing tour of Halifax's charming downtown, the waterfront, and Public Gardens. (B)|
|Day 3||Charlottetown||This morning, travel to HOPEWELL ROCKS and enjoy a guided visit to learn about the highest and wildest tides in the world, which rise and fall up to 52 feet each day. Time and tide have carved from the cliffs and coves distinctive sandstone formations topped with trees. Many of the formations have nicknames inspired by their appearance. Drive across the 8-mile-long Confederation Bridge and onto Prince Edward Island. (B)|
|Day 4||Charlottetown||Today, you will come to know the rolling landscapes of Prince Edward Island, the backdrop of the acclaimed novel, Anne of Green Gables. A guided tour of the island includes a visit to North Rustico's celebrated wharf, dotted with fishing boats and lobster traps. Delightful Cavendish, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NATIONAL PARK'S picturesque beaches, along with a visit to the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES FARMHOUSE, a National Historic Site. This evening, consider an optional outing and enjoy a lobster supper at a local restaurant.|
|Day 5||Baddeck||Take a ferry from Wood Island to the mainland of Nova Scotia. Journey east along the Sunrise Trail via Antigonish and the Canso Strait to Cape Breton Island and Bras d'Or Lake. Arrive in Baddeck, the summer home of Alexander Graham Bell, for a 2-night stay.|
|Day 6||Baddeck||A highlight today is the Cabot Trail, explored by John Cabot in 1497. You will enter CAPE BRETON HIGHLANDS NATIONAL PARK via one of the most spectacular scenic highways on the continent, with the surrounding landscape strikingly reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands. Enjoy panoramic views of rugged cliffs, deep valleys, forested slopes, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Gulf of St. Lawrence.|
|Day 7||Halifax||Today begins with a visit to the fascinating ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MUSEUM. See exhibits tracing the achievements of the great inventor. Afterward, leave the island and return to Halifax, Nova Scotia's capital.|
|Day 8||Halifax||Your vacation ends this morning. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the Halifax harbor further or board the Ocean train to Montreal. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$530 to $560Triple Room Reduction per person:$110 to $115Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).